Abdication and Investiture 2013
1. Beurs van Berlage press centre, Damrak 243, Amsterdam
The press centre of the municipality of Amsterdam, the RVD and the joint session of the States General is in the Beurs van Berlage, outside the secure area.
You can pick up your "Queens Day Press Badge" at the press centre on 28, 29 or 30 April. This badge will give you access to the press centre, the press enclosures outside the secure area, and the press tours.
- Sunday 28 April, 13.00 - 22.00
- Monday 29 April, 8.00 - 22.00
- Tuesday 30 April, 8.00 - 00.00
The press centre will be equipped with standard facilities for journalists. It will also serve as the central information point for questions about the abdication and investiture ceremonies, the Royal House, Queen's Day and Amsterdam. A big screen in the press centre will display a livestream of all available images of the abdication, investiture and public events.
2. Press enclosures outside the secure area
Press enclosures outside the secure area for the water pageant are located on the banks of the IJ in Amsterdam:
- Sumatrakade (room for about 50 journalists)
- Oeverpark (room for about 50 journalists)
- Stork site (room for about 50 journalists)
Press enclosures near the public events:
1. Kop van Java, which lies on the route of the water pageant (though space is limited). On display of your "Queens Day Press Badge" you enter this enclosure.
2. Museumplein/Oranjeplein, where the Royal Ball and other events will be held. For this facility you will need an extra accreditation via email@example.com before Wednesday 24 April, 17.00hrs.
Photographers and reporters may also work among the public to report on the water pageant. Noordwal (on the northern bank of the IJ) and De Ruijterkade (on the southern bank of the IJ) are ideal locations.
Space is limited in all the press enclosures. For this reason the organisers reserve the right to deny entry to journalists at any time.
3. Press tours
The press centre offers various side programmes in Amsterdam. For more information please come to the press centre or visit www.iamsterdam.com/press.
4. Film and photography
The NOS, which will act as host broadcaster and will provide
live coverage. .
For programme information: Anja van Ginhoven, +31 (0)6 5181 5183
For visual material: Hadewijch van den Berg, +31 (0)6 5323 0561 or Matthijs Linnenman +31 (0)6 5364 5556
The ANP will act as pool coordinator for photographic material.
ANP Photo news manager: +31 (0)70 414 1350 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos via ftp.anpfoto.nl, Login: handout, Password: handout, Port 21, passive FTP
5. Stand-up positions
A number of standup positions for television will be provided on the Dam. There will be limited space on Rokin for SNG/ENG vans.
For more information and bookings:
Eurovisie@nos.nl, +31 (0)35 6773604 (contacts: Janet Verheijen, Eva Spoor)
email@example.com, +31 (0)35 6718844 (contact: Manon Huijsmans)