Members of the Royal House
The King represents the Netherlands both at home and abroad. As part of the government, he is closely involved with Dutch political life. The King devotes much attention to important events in the Netherlands. The King keeps himself informed of what is going on in society and every year he attends many openings, commemorations and other official events. He also makes several state visits to other countries every year, and receives heads of state and heads of government who are visiting the Netherlands.
- Queen Máxima is married to King Willem-Alexander. The royal couple have three daughters, Princess Catharina-Amalia (the Princess of Orange), Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane.
- Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, Princess of Orange, is first in line to the throne. The Princess, the eldest child of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, was born in The Hague on 7 December 2003.
- Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, the second child of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, was born in The Hague on 26 June 2005.
- Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, the third child of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, was born in The Hague on 10 April 2007.
- Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, the third son of Princess Beatrix and Prince Claus, was born in Utrecht on 11 October 1969.
- Petra Laurentien Brinkhorst was born in Leiden on 25 May 1966 to Laurens Jan Brinkhorst and Jantien Brinkhorst-Heringa.