Members of the Royal House
The King represents the Netherlands both at home and abroad. As part of the government, he is closely involved with Dutch political life. The King devotes much attention to important events in the Netherlands. The King keeps himself informed of what is going on in society and every year he attends many openings, commemorations and other official events. He also makes several state visits to other countries every year, and receives heads of state and heads of government who are visiting the Netherlands.
- Margriet Francisca, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau and Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld, was born at the Civic Hospital in Ottawa, Canada, on 19 January 1943, the third daughter of Princess Juliana and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands.
- Pieter van Vollenhoven was born in Schiedam on 30 April 1939, the second son of Pieter van Vollenhoven senior and Jacoba Gijsbertha van Vollenhoven-Stuyling de Lange.
- Maurits Willem Pieter Hendrik, Prince of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, was born in Utrecht on 17 April 1968.
- Marie-Hélène Angela van den Broek, the younger daughter of Hans van den Broek and Josée van den Broek-van Schendel, was born on 4 February 1970 in Dieren.
- Bernhard Lucas Emmanuel, Prince of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, was born on 25 December 1969 in Nijmegen.
- Annette Sekrève was born in The Hague on 18 April 1972, the eldest daughter of Ulrich Sekrève and Jolanda de Haan.