The royal family consists of the members of the Royal House, plus: Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène, Prince Bernhard, Princess Annette, Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Princess Anita, Prince Floris, Princess Aimée and their children, and Princess Irene and Princess Christina, their children, daughters- and sons-in-law, and grandchildren. When Prince Willem-Alexander became King, Prince Maurits and Prince Bernhard and their wives ceased to be members of the Royal House. The three children of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentine also ceased to be members of the Royal House, but retain their right of succession. Certain events involving members of the royal family not only have personal significance for them, but also play a role in the continuation of the monarchy. These events, including births, christenings, birthdays, engagements, marriages and deaths, are often announced through official channels.
- Irene Emma Elisabeth, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld, second daughter of Princess Juliana and Prince Bernhard, was born at Soestdijk Palace, Baarn, on 5 August 1939.
- Maria Christina, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld, fourth daughter of Princess (later Queen) Juliana and Prince Bernhard, was born at Soestdijk Palace, Baarn, on 18 February 1947.
- His Royal Highness Prince Friso passed away on August 12, 2013 at Palace Huis ten Bosch in the Hague at age 44.
- Mabel Martine Wisse Smit was born in Pijnacker on 11 August 1968 as the eldest daughter of Henk Los and Flos Kooman. After her father’s death in 1978, her mother married Peter Wisse Smit. In 1984 Princess Mabel officially took on his surname.
- Maurits Willem Pieter Hendrik, Prince of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, was born in Utrecht on 17 April 1968. Prince Maurits has three brothers: Prince Bernhard, born in 1969, Prince Pieter-Christiaan, born in 1972, and Prince Floris, born in 1975.
- Marie-Hélène Angela van den Broek, the younger daughter of Hans van den Broek and Josée van den Broek-van Schendel, was born on 4 February 1970 in Dieren.